Sunday, April 6, 2014

Border Patrol

Casey and Joe did a great job presenting video games to our class. As someone who isn't a "gamer" I was interested in the presentation.

During the video game presentation, I noticed in the
clip of Border Patrol, on the American flag is a Star of David. As someone who is Jewish, I was surprised to see this. Is it a message of dislike? Is it a message of Jews in the United States? Is it showing support for Israel? Is there any connection between the Star of David and the welfare office sign underneath the flag?

I was curious and googled to see what the meaning of this was. I couldn't find any direct meaning. I found different blogs with comments and opinions, from others; those who commented were against Jews and commented that the Star of David is shown as Nazi support.

I wonder what the "real" meaning behind having the Star of David as apart of this game is? As someone who doesn't play videos games I don't get the "point" of them...

*Please take a moment to post a question you have that you want me to answer during my presentation. (Click me for link) Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. This was a great post lexie! and I am aware of King David and his significance in Israel but I was just wondering in Judaism why there is a star of David?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anthony! Check out this website: http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Judaism/star.html; it might help answer your question. There isn't a super direct answer...if you still have questions, let me know!

      Delete
  2. I was wondering the same thing about the Star of David...I am surprised there isn't any information out there about it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out this website: http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Judaism/star.html; it might help answer your question. There isn't a super direct answer...if you still have questions, let me know!

      Delete